The Scottish Rite Cathedral operates on tax-deductible donations and contributions from people just like you. We currently have multiple capital projects that need your help including:
- Phase II of an air conditioning system to allow more use of the property during the warmer months of the year.
- Improving handicap access
- Upgrading our electrical service to the building including installation of back-up utilities, a building automation system, and a new sound system for the auditorium.
- Installation of a security system
- Completion of the conversion of our heating system including installation of a second boiler and zoning throughout the building.
- Installation of a second passenger elevator
There are two ways to make a donation.
- You can make a general donation to the Cathedral Foundation which is generally responsible for the maintenance of the property or you can donate to specific capital projects that the Foundation is planning.If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, make your checks payable to the Cathedral Foundation and mail them to:
Attn: Fund Raising Chairman
110 E. Lincoln Ave.
New Castle, PA 16101
If you are interested in seeing how a donation of property could reduce your income taxes, please contact Fund Raising Chairperson at (724) 654-6683 or contact us to arrange a visit with a tax specialist.
- You can make a donation of property that will be part of your estate and can save you money on your estate taxes and your income taxes today. Because the Cathedral Foundation is classified as a 501C3 corporation by the Internal Revenue System, donations are tax-deductible. Donating property in your will can remove the property from your estate and eliminate estate tax on the value of that property. Did you know that it is possible to donate your home to the Cathedral Foundation today, live in it for the rest of your life, and get a tax-deduction on this year’s income taxes? This may be a particularly good strategy if you have the good fortune of receiving a large amount of income this year and are needing a significant tax deduction to offset some of that income and reduce the possible taxes due.If you would like to learn more about how tax-planning through a donation to the Cathedral Foundation can help you reduce your taxes, please contact Fund Raising Chairman by calling the Cathedral office at (724) 654-6683 to arrange an appointment with a tax specialist.